When it comes to household pests, bedbugs are perhaps some of the most persistent, irritating and dangerous unwanted guests. Getting rid of them can be hard, but sometimes detecting their presence can be even harder. Thankfully, there are a handful of signs that can help you identify an infestation. Some of the most common signs include:
- If you or your family members have been waking up with itchy, round red bites, it may be the result of bedbugs.
- Oftentimes, a large infestation can give off a musty smell, as cockroaches sometimes do.
- Small “shells” or shed skin of molting bedbugs on your sheets or mattress is another reliable sign.
- Regular red patches on your skin arising overnight. Not everyone reacts to the bites in the same way. Some people will be itchy when you might not be.
- The discovery of nests tucked into corners, under tables and other secluded areas of your home are indicators of a serious infestation.
If you’ve experienced any of these signs and symptoms in your home, it may be time to call in the professionals. The extermination process can be time consuming, but it’s well worth it to have a house that is free of bedbugs once again. To learn more about bed bug extermination contact Pest & Termite Consultants, Inc. today.